Event Trends with Party Rental
We recently partnered with Party Rental for a day of event design trend discovery at the Inn at Fernbrook Farms.
Jerry Rose and team demonstrated the latest Fall wedding trends, using innovative farm-to-table floral arrangements with a twist.
Although he likes to push the envelope, Jerry knows, “when it’s no, it’s no.” “Of course, when we can get away with doing something creative”, he says, “we jump at the opportunity.”
Here are some of his design tips, sure to be an inspiration for your next farm-to-table event:
- Try a unique perspective on the traditional table setting, like using the color black for things like silverware
- Lanterns don’t have to be just for candles and lighting – fill them up with fruit or small gourds (or anything that suits your theme)
- Baskets stuffed with seasonal produce can set the right tone for your event
- Mix up your colors and textures – Jerry loves the mix of lace and burlap, bronze and pewter, or the pairing of a light blue state plate with a yellow plate for a luncheon setting
- Uniformity is not a requirement! Set your tables with several different types of chairs
- For a classic look, mix gold with amber and amethyst
- Burlap-wrapped candles are probably not something you’ve ever considered, but give them a shot – the result might surprise you!
- Use mushrooms at table settings or as place cards
- Try burlap cushions on clear president chairs for a unique feel
- Above all – experiment. Jerry purchased chair flowers that he didn’t know what to do with but experimented mixing with cross-backs and they looked great!
- Date January 4, 2019
- Tags Featured Events, Celebrations